Interrupt is the leading strategic branding and marketing agency in the building material and home improvement industries. We partner with Fortune 1000 clients to help uniquely position their brands to enable their business to outperform the industry. We are more than a mere agency; we are a brand strategist and business partner.
We are a team of extraordinary talent, and we are looking for the next team member to come, stretch us and our clients, and make us even stronger.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is a critical contributor to the business success of our clients, and therefore of Interrupt’s. The SAE is responsible to lead our client engagement process and identify key areas of opportunity and improvement. They must have both a comprehensive understanding of Interrupt’s process and the client’s business -- therefore being able to manage the entire engagement process.
This position’s primary accountability is to establish strong partnerships with a few key clients, deeply understanding their business goals and marketing needs, and help to deliver initiatives that help ensure the client’s business success. The SAE will be responsible to act like a General Manager of their accounts -- managing the growth and profitability of the book of business through strong collaboration with the client’s leadership and Interrupt team members. This role will facilitate relationships between Interrupt and these clients, delivering value, growth and profitability for their clients and therefore Interrupt.
The expectation is to manage your accounts and collaborate with our internal team, but also step beyond simply managing our accounts, to leading our clients’ thinking – uncovering new opportunities, and positioning each client’s brand to outperform their competition.
The fundamental attribute for this role must be strong relationship building and leadership; leading our clients’ thinking, leading the business success of your individual accounts, leading and multi-tasking projects, ensuring Interrupt’s process and financial parameters are met. Your goal is to become an invaluable partner (through your and our team’s efforts) to your clients by thoroughly understanding the building materials industry, client competitors and your clients’ businesses.
- Ability to lead your process and make key decisions on behalf of the company on your own
- Understanding your clients’ key business and marketing goals, and help define the clients’ needs from these business goals
- Engage the Interrupt team at every level to bring ongoing proactive and unique solutions
- Manage individual client accounts with minimal oversight – annual and monthly forecasting revenue by client, industry/category knowledge, communications planning, proposal development, performance tracking and analysis/insight development
- Grow revenue and profit to meet and exceed goals with all accounts
- Create and present proposals to clients for approval
- Ensure client’s business goals are measured and achieved on every project
- Enable Interrupt business goals are achieved
- Exercise independent judgment and appropriate discretion.
- Support the company’s overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures and confidentiality guidelines
- Create and maintain a comprehensive client history -- outlining your accountable process and clients -- to enable others to easily manage your process if you are unable
- 5-7 years of experience in the Marketing field (agency or client side – ideally both)
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to engage and build on the client relationships through consultative selling in an ongoing account management cycle
- Skilled at mentoring, managing and delegating to a team of skilled professionals
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and tasks with flawless delivery
- Proficient in working with forecasts, revenue models, ROI models and other business calculations
- Comfortable interacting with mid-tier managers to VPs and the C-suites of major building material brands
- Penetrate client organizations to establish new contacts in other business units
- Ability to work within our culture and a team environment
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written (writing samples required)
- Flexibility and a positive temperament are critical to success; must be able to handle pressure, timetables and client challenges well
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to developing communication goals
- Experience with social and digital engagement strategies is a plus
- Understanding of B2B and the building materials industry is a huge plus
- Candidate must ideally work fulltime in Sylvania, Ohio, with regular attendance on Interrupt premises
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred (MBA a plus)
- Travel to the client, in market and trade shows is required (approx. 25% travel)