Interrupt is not your typical branding agency. We’re a brand distillery and we’re looking to for our next wingman to take the wheel and guide us to amazing digital adventures.
We live and breathe our mantra — to be fearless and passionate in everything we do. We dive deep and get uncomfortable to produce the absolute best results. Understanding the next level of engagement is only part of the process. We know our stuff. Inside and out. Every project, our insights and activation align to our clients’ business goals. It’s all part of the secret sauce that helps us deliver amazing strategic solutions that work.
We’re looking for a Director of Digital Strategy that possesses the perfect balance of creativity, digital and analytical prowess. Someone who isn’t afraid to take charge and lead the agency and our client’s vision. Someone who will live and breathe our brand strategy. You will become the digital champion for our clients and help uncover that unique path to engagement for our client’s brands.
Today, it’s hard for brands not to get drowned out in the “sea of sameness.” We don’t take the challenge lightly and need you to step in to help uncover digital solutions that set our clients apart. We’re looking for someone who can work through projects at every level, from 50,000 feet to 10, and constantly push new thinking. This role requires a multidisciplinary leader with a solid track record of mentoring a team and engaging the agency to deliver innovative and inspiring solutions, on time and with the highest quality.
The Director of Digital Strategy is the leadership role that will continually evolve the digital process for our agency and all our clients. They will continually stretch the agency to understand and leverage the continually evolving digital landscape. The Director will manage and mentor the web, social and media teams to ensure we provide strategic value that pushes our clients’ thinking and drives measurable business results around digital strategies. The Director will partner with Interrupt’s internal team members and interact directly with our clients’ senior level executives and business leaders. The primary responsibilities focus on developing and creation of unique digital strategies for that help achieve our clients’ business goals. The Director will lead the ideation and development of all website, social engagement and digital advertising plans, as well as design strategies to improve the digital customer experience of our client’s key audiences.
The following are the accountabilities for the Director of Digital Strategy position.
- Ability to lead the entire strategic processes of all digital, media and social initiatives and make key decisions on behalf of the company on your own.
- Define and evolve Interrupt’s unique methodology and digital strategy and process
- Structure and lead strategy and cross-functional teams to deliver digital projects on time and on budget
- Ability to build and manage relationships at all levels throughout the clients’ organizations.
- Stay apprised of digital trends and be creative in their approach to developing insights and then organizing and presenting recommendations to clients. Our process must be ahead of our clients’.
- Create and maintain a list of strategic outside partners; developers, media, social.
- Developing, scoping and leading digital projects in conjunction with the Interrupt team and other suppliers (ie; developers).
- Create and lead the digital process (and continually enhance it) and train/guide the entire Interrupt team.
- Take an active role with the overall internal agency strategy team to uncover insights and develop robust go-to-market activation plans
- Manages the strategy of multiple key digital projects and initiatives simultaneously including strategic direction through execution
- Ability to deliver strong insights from the digital process and advise clients on marketing decisions from these insights, along with providing creative and impactful digital marketing solutions
- Synthesizes team's work to create deliverables, including reports, spreadsheets, presentations, dashboards and other outputs to document and communicate findings
- Collaborates with and presents recommendations to senior-level client stakeholders
- Takes on group development responsibilities and organizational leadership including coaching team members, managing reporting process, best practices and building a strong digital community/culture
- Manage and mentor the web, media and social teams
- Support the company’s overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures and confidentiality guidelines
- Travel to client or offsite meetings and conferences is required (approx. 20%), ability to navigate is required
- Comprehensive experience in digital strategy and analytical areas of study
- 5-8 years’ experience in digital strategy
- Expertise with analyzing and reporting engagement metrics, working across various reporting tools; utilizing data to drive strategy
- Experience working with social media management tools
- Proficient with Google Analytics
- Experience working with online visibility tools (i.e. SEMRush)
- Experience with marketing automation and email marketing campaign development
- Ability to work within our culture and a team environment is essential
- Team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Experience with the building material/home improvement industry is a plus
- Ability to travel as necessary (approx. 20%)
- It is preferred that this position work full time in Sylvania, Ohio; Remote or hybrid arrangements may be considered for highly qualified candidates
Interrupt is the leading strategic creative agency for the building material and home improvement industries. We measure Interrupt’s success through the success of our clients. This position will align with and embody our company goals of enabling profitable success for our clients and Interrupt, building a team of extraordinary people, creating a dynamic office culture and giving back to our community. This position is an important one to Interrupt’s and our client’s success.