director of client services
WHO WE ARE:
Interrupt is the leading strategic branding and marketing agency in the building material and home improvement industries. We partner with Fortune 1000 clients to help uniquely position their brands to enable their business to outperform the industry. We are more than a mere agency; we are a brand strategist and business partner.
Interrupt is seeking a strategic thinker and strong people leader for our Director of Client Services who aligns with and embodies our company goals of enabling profitable success for our clients, building a team of extraordinary people, creating a dynamic office culture and giving back to our community.
This position will serve a multi-faceted role of leading and guiding successful brand and marketing programs, managing and mentoring our account team, establishing strategic relationships will all clients at a high level, overseeing the success of all clients and ensuring over profitability by client. The role of the Director of Client Services is to help mentor and develop the account team to enable them to better add value to our clients, grow as employees and take our client’s brand and business to the next level. The Director of Client Services may also be responsible for managing 1-2 strategic clients, and will facilitate relationships between Interrupt and these clients, ensuring growth and profitability for their clients and Interrupt.
Therefore, the fundamental attribute for this role must be strong leadership; leading the account team, leading our clients thinking and being a strong advocate of the overall Interrupt process. Your goal in this role is to understand the industry and our clients’ business deeply, and then provide so much value (through our holistic team) to our clients’ business success that our clients could not envision doing business without us and our account team couldn’t envision a better place to work.
The expectation is to step beyond simply managing the team and our accounts, to growing the depth of each team member and leading our clients’ thinking – uncovering new opportunities and positioning the client’s brand and business (and Interrupt) for optimized business results.
- Understand our clients’ key strategies and business goals.
- Help define the clients’ needs from these business goals.
- Provide guidance and counsel to our clients for the most effective and efficient marketing and communications programs to help support their business goals.
- Develop, foster and grow valuable relationships with our clients.
- Engage the Interrupt Team at every level to bring proactive and unique solutions.
- Manage, mentor and develop the account service team, managing account service assignments based on client’s evolving needs and account service team’s experience and resource capacities.
- Ensure client’s business goals are achieved and measured on every project.
- Enable Interrupt business goals are achieved by developing sustained relationships with our clients, driving organic and new business growth and ensuring profitability.
- Develop, track, update and report annual and monthly revenue and AGI forecasts.
- Serve as a member of the Interrupt Leadership Team; and as a representative, exemplifying and living the agency’s core values.
- Understand, contribute to and support the Interrupt Strategic Plan, our core purpose, mission and values.
- Interact and work with other Interrupt leaders to create a positive and engaging culture.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5-7 years in team leadership/management.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the Marketing field (agency or client side – ideally both).
- Extensive experience and expertise in branding, marketing, advertising and marketing communications.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Strong leadership characteristics that translate to both clients and internal team.
- Oversee the professional growth of a team by strong mentorship and building a work environment that yields strong individual and team performance.
- Management of account team and individual client accounts with minimal oversight – including industry/category knowledge, branding/marketing/communications trends, forecasting, communications planning, performance tracking and analysis/insight development.
- Grow revenue to meet and exceed goals with all accounts and manage overall P&L for all clients as well for each assigned account to ensure appropriate profitability.
- Strong ability to judge and quantify results of marketing efforts invested on behalf client (i.e., understand true value of ROI, understand/describe impact of results, compare actual results to needs of client/product) and know how to use this information to help optimize the client’s marketing investment.
- Work with client and internal stakeholders to develop unique and strategically appropriate approaches, including the exploration of emerging technologies pertinent to our clients' objectives.
- Review all agency interaction with traffic, production, digital, media, insights and creative departments within our clients' and partners' organizations and help refine work processes to improve efficiency, productivity and client service.
- Comfortable interacting with mid-tier managers to VPs and the C-suites of major building material brands.
- Penetrate client organizations to establish new contacts at higher levels and in other business units.
- Ability to work within our culture and a team environment is essential.
- Clear communication skills, both verbal, presentation and written (writing samples required).
- Flexibility and temperament are critical to success, must be able to handle pressure, timetables and client challenges well.
- Exhibit a proactive and energetic approach to opportunities and capable of problem resolution.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of an organization (internal as well as with clients), fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results.
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach to developing communication goals.
- Experience in building materials a plus.
- Experience with social and digital engagement strategies a plus.
- Understanding of B2B and the building materials industry is a huge plus.
- Candidate must work fulltime in Sylvania, Ohio.
- Champion Interrupt initiatives and core values.
- Travel to the client and trade shows is required (approx. 30% travel).
KEY COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to engage and build on the client relationships through consultative selling in an ongoing account management cycle.
- Skilled at mentoring, managing, and delegating to a team of skilled professionals.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and tasks with flawless delivery.
- Proficient in working with forecasts, revenue models, ROI models, and other business calculations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.